INTRODUCING THE ORIGINAL PRUSA I3 MK3S+ 3D PRINTER!
The MK3S+ is available as an assembly kit, which is the best way to get to know your new 3D printer. Assemble it screw by screw to learn truly everything about its design and how it works! You can also get it fully assembled and factory tested, so all you need to do is to unpack it and plug it in.
Thanks to all of these (and many other) features, the MK3S became the “Best 3D Printer” according to ALL3DP. The MK3S is also the highest-rated 3D printer, and the “Editor’s Choice”, in the prestigious MAKE:MAGAZINE’s Digital Fabrication Guide 2019. The MK3S is also featured in TechRadar’s Best 3D printers of 2021 as The best all-around 3D printer. NY Times wrote that “…of the 11 printers we’ve tested over the past five years, the Prusa i3 MK3S printer has produced the largest and best-looking prints.” According to ZDNet, the MK3S is “The best pro-sumer 3D printer under 1000 USD.”
The functionality of the MK3S+ can be further enhanced by our unique Multi-Material Upgrade 2S for printing with up to 5 filaments simultaneously.
WHAT’S NEW IN THE MK3S+
SuperPINDA probe features a hiqh-quality sensor for a fully-automatic Mesh Bed Leveling process. Before every print, the MK3S+ probes the bed in several places and creates a virtual heightmap of the print area. This process ensures that the first layer will always be spot on!
MISUMI BEARINGS & MORE
The MK3S+ features a new set of metal clips for the genuine MISUMI bearings on the Y-axis. The belt tensioning mechanism on the X-axis was reworked and the X-end plastic parts reinforced. The filament path in the extruder was altered for better support of flexible filaments.
DOZENS OF TWEAKS
With all the cumulative upgrades from the entire MK3’s life cycle on board, the MK3S+ is the best version of our award-winning 3D printer so far. Genuine Gates belts, Bondtech drive gears, EINSY RAMBo motherboard, IR filament sensor, and many other features are the reason why the MK3S+ is the perfect 3D printing workhorse.
FULL FEATURES LIST (APRIL 2021 EDITION)
- Build volume: 25×21×21 cm (9.84″×8.3″×8.3″)
- Layer height: 0.05 – 0.35 mm
- Nozzle: 0.4mm default, wide range of other diameters/nozzles supported
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
- Supported materials: Wide range of thermoplastics, including PLA, PETG, ASA, ABS, PC (Polycarbonate), CPE, PVA/BVOH, PVB, HIPS, PP (Polypropylene), Flex, nGen, Nylon, Carbon filled, Woodfill and other filled materials.
- Max travel speed: 200+ mm/s
- Max nozzle temperature: 300 °C / 572 °F
- Max heatbed temperature: 120 °C / 248 °F
- Extruder: Direct Drive, Bondtech gears, E3D V6 hotend
- Print surface: Removable magnetic steel sheets with different surface finishes, heatbed with cold corners compensation
- Safety features: IR filament sensor, high-quality Delta PSU with Power Panic, 3 thermistors, RPM monitoring
- LCD Screen: Monochromatic LCD
- Kit box shipping dimensions: 9 kg (volumetric weight), 24×42×43 cm; 9.5×16.5×16.9 in (X×Y×Z)
- Assembled printer box shipping dimensions: 27 kg (volumetric weight), 54×52×48 cm; 21×20.5×18.9 in (X×Y×Z)
- Printer dimensions (without spool): 7 kg, 50×55×40 cm; 19.6×21.6×15.7 in (X×Y×Z)
- Power consumption: PLA settings: 80W / ABS settings: 120W
* Consumable parts, such as PEI sheets (smooth, textured, etc.) are not covered by warranty as the coatings are designed to diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, cracks, or other cosmetic damage is also not covered by the warranty. Only defective sheets on arrival are covered by warranty.
- Controller: EINSY RAMBo 8-bit board with Trinamic 2130 drivers (256 microstepping), co-developed with Ultimachine, sensorless homing for X and Y axes
- Mesh Bed Leveling: Advanced high-quality SuperPINDA sensor (Super Prusa INDuction Autoleveling sensor)
- Print sheet profiles: Firmware supports print sheet profiles to store Live Z calibration data to enable quick switching between different print sheets.
- Filament sensor: IR sensor built-in, supports filament auto-loading. Print pauses when filament runs out.
- Power Panic: Hardware-based, single G-code line accuracy
- Ethernet connection: via Raspberry Pi (optional)
- Wi-Fi connection: via Raspberry Pi (optional)
- Advanced sensors: 3 thermistors, fans RPM monitoring, SuperPINDA
- Calibration: Automatic, Mesh Bed Leveling, SelfTest
- Print medium: SD card (16 GB card included)
- Firmware update: via PC (USB cable)
- PSU: Custom-made Delta PSU with hardware-based power panic
- Advanced features: Automatic filament loading, steel sheet profiles, Octoprint compatibility and more
- New features introduced through firmware upgrades
6 REASONS TO BUY THE MK3S+
1GREAT USER SUPPORT
We offer 24/7 tech support via live chat and email in seven languages. Our printers come with detailed instructions and guides for easy assembly and maintenance. You can also visit our knowledge base, community forum, Facebook groups and official Blog, where we publish useful 3D printing tips and tricks, contests and more!
2FUN TO ASSEMBLE
The MK3S+ assembly kit is an excellent first step into the world of 3D printing. You will get to know your 3D printer inside out and find out how it works! The assembly is quite easy, requires no soldering, all cables are cut to length and ready to be plugged in. The assembly instructions are easy to follow and all texts are translated into 8 languages. All of this makes the kit very friendly to younger builders, too!
3BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES
Original Prusa 3D printers are well-known for their reliability and safe operation. Every part of our printers is thoroughly tested in-house. The MK3S+ is equipped with three thermistors and comes with a custom-built high-quality Delta power supply. The printer can recognize issues with heating and stop operation to prevent damage.
4OPEN-SOURCE AND COMMUNITY-FRIENDLY
All parts of our printer are open-source, which means we publish all source codes and blueprints online. The community around our products is huge and the feedback is overwhelmingly positive – don’t believe us? Check out Facebook groups and YouTube videos! There’s so much to do with your 3D printer – buying it is just the beginning!
5READY FOR THE MULTI MATERIAL UPGRADE 2S
Multi Material Upgrade 2S is our unique add-on option for printing with up to 5 different filaments simultaneously. Multi-material could be your next step in the 3D printing world and the MK3S and MK3S+ are completely ready for the upgrade! MMU2S also allows you to print a soluble support interface – check out the video!
One of the most popular features of the Original Prusa i3 concept is upgradability. When you buy our 3D printer, you can upgrade it later to a newer version, so you don’t need to buy a whole new model every two years like, for example, your phone or laptop. We also keep supporting our 3D printers with regular firmware updates that bring new features!
|ORIGINAL PRUSA I3 MK3S+||ORIGINAL PRUSA MINI+||ORIGINAL PRUSA I3 MK3S+ MULTI MATERIAL UPGRADE 2S|
|Build volume||25 x 21 x 21 cm | 9.84 x 8.3 x 8.3 in||18 x 18 x 18 cm | 7 x 7 x 7 in||25 x 21 x 21 cm | 9.84 x 8.3 x 8.3 in|
|Layer height||0.05 – 0.35 mm||0.05 – 0.25 mm with 0.4 mm nozzle||0.15 – 0.35 mm|
|Max travel speed||200+ mm/s||200+ mm/s||200+ mm/s|
|Max hotend/heatbed temp.||300 °C / 120 °C (572 °F / 248 °F)||280 °C / 100 °C (536 °F / 212 °F)||300 °C / 120 °C (572 °F / 248 °F)|
|Mainboard||Einsy RAMBo 8-bit board with Trinamic 2130 drivers co-developed with Ultimachine||Custom 32-bit Buddy electronics with STM32 and latest Trinamic 2209 silent stepper drivers||Einsy RAMBo 8-bit board with Trinamic 2130 drivers co-developed with Ultimachine|
|Extruder||Direct drive||Bowden system with 3:1 gearing||Direct drive|
|LCD screen||Monochromatic LCD||2.8″ graphic 65k color screen||Monochromatic LCD|
|Print surface||magnetic heatbed with removable PEI spring steel sheets||magnetic heatbed with removable PEI spring steel sheets||magnetic heatbed with removable PEI spring steel sheets|
|Number of materials (simultaneously)||1||1||5|
|Nozzle diameter||0.4mm (default) / other nozzle diameters supported||0.4mm (default) / other nozzle diameters supported||0.4mm (default) / other nozzle diameters supported|
|Supported materials||Any thermoplastic including Nylon and Polycarbonate||Any thermoplastic except Carbon filled||PLA, ABS, PETG, BVOH, PVA|
|Filament sensor||Yes (IR)||Optional upgrade||Yes (mechanical)|
|Power panic||Hardware-based, single G-code line accuracy||Future software upgrade, single layer accuracy||Hardware-based, single G-code line accuracy|
|Ethernet connection||Via Raspberry Pi||Yes||Via Raspberry Pi|
|Wi-Fi connection||Via Raspberry Pi||Separate future upgrade (ESP Wi-Fi module)||Via Raspberry Pi|
|Advanced sensors||3 thermistors + SuperPINDA, fan RPM sensors||3 thermistors + SuperPINDA, fan RPM sensors||F.I.N.D.A|
|Farm mode||No||Yes (upcoming feature)||No|
|Calibration||Automatic, Mesh Bed Leveling||Automatic, Mesh Bed Leveling||Automatic, Mesh Bed Leveling|
|Print medium||SD card||USB drive / LAN||SD card|
|Firmware update interface||USB port||USB drive / LAN||USB port|
|Power supply||240W, custom made by Delta with Power Panic HW||160W, external adapter by Mean Well or Delta depending on the region||240W, custom made by Delta with Power Panic HW|
|Kit price||749 USD / 769 EUR (VAT incl.)||349 USD / 379 EUR (VAT incl.)||299.00 USD / 299 EUR (VAT incl.)|
|Assembled printer price||999 USD / 999 EUR (VAT incl.)||399 USD / 419 EUR (VAT incl.)|